The municipality has a statutory obligation to provide pre-school education for 6-year-olds in the year before compulsory schooling. The pre-school facilities are in connection with the Kivimaa school.
In Kustavi, pre-school children are allowed to use school transport on their school trips free of charge if they cannot be provided by the family on their own
A pre-school plan has been drawn up in Kustavi together with the municipality of Taivassalo and the plan is updated annually together with the pre-school teachers at Taivassalo kindergarten.
The aim of pre – primary education is to:
- Strengthen your child’s positive self-image and identity
- The child grows into a responsible team member and practices the rules of the game together
- Your child’s learning skills will develop
- Get to know your local, national and other cultures
- The child learns to enjoy nature, take care of their surroundings and understand the implications of their own actions
- The child internalizes good practices and understands their importance as part of our daily lives, and the child learns to reflect on right and wrong.
- The child’s most important learning method is play
- Your child will learn to handle, name, and recognize different emotions
Pre-school education schedule
- 7.45 Breakfast at kindergarten and walking from early care to preschool
- 8.30 Pre-school starts in pre-school mode (building next to the school)
- 11.40 Dining in the school canteen and moving to kindergarten after eating
- 12.30 Preschool ends
Register for pre-school education:
Electronic transactions are always logged in via the Suomi.fi service with strong authentication, ie either with a bank ID or a mobile certificate.
For more information, contact:
|Jenni Leppänen||Director of Early Childhood Education||044 7374 email@example.com|